Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In with the new

We think we know it all. Scientists have combed microscopic wonders, astronomical marvels, and tramped most of the surface of the oceans and land. Yet, the BBC reports today that a new creature exists. The lizard has been in hiding until now.

I'm always amused by our collective human arrogance. Just because we're looking doesn't mean God lets us see everything, all at once. We don't know everything he knows, nor will we!

On the other hand, I can imagine God's delight when people get excited by his creatures. "Look at this, just like that one, but yet unique because..." (exclamations, while scurrying for notebooks and cameras.)

Our God is unending in his creativity. He loves to open our understanding with his wisdom, insight, and artistry. So, whatever we face today, we can humbly implore his help. He will make a way, where there seems to be no way. And who knows how beautiful that solution will be?

Read more:
*My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2 NIV

*For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV

*Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment