Here's what happened, besides enjoying the company of my dear husband:
- The entry filled up, emptied again. Luggage, tools, miscellaeous stuff. It came. It went, along with the stack of his mail.
- We snacked an extra 7-800 calories each last night: almonds and licorice and chips. While sitting in bed reading. (And I've been SOOOOooo good for 2 weeks!)
- We took the dog for a short walk this morning, so I skipped my exercise class. I overextended a few joints last weekend, and that's a good excuse. But my top reason is that there's too much prep for the weekend. I knew I was in for multiple interruptions rather than an open, unscheduled day.
- We drove to Snoqualmie for lunch and to pick up a patio heater. We also dropped by the college so W could gather his mail and check in. Three hours later, both of us tackled our work at home.
- I cooked two sit-down meals for us, breakfast and supper, rather than snatching a quick meal between work and play.
- It's night, time to bring in the feather quilts from the deck railing, and settle down to read before bed. I'm just bringing along a few pieces of chocolate. Honest!
I almost broke down to bake "vegan chocolate chocolate almond chocolate chip" cookies (me messing with a basic recipe = killer!) But I'd have to eat them in the next few days. Maybe not.
There's no room in my person for more treats after a full day like today.
*Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious! Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name." Psalm 66:1-4 NIV
*Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 NIV