Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Last Christian - a good read

I get books from various publishers, but prefer to comment on the ones I enjoy. This week, I'm highlighting one by David Gregory: The Last Christian (Waterbrook, 2010). The book had a bit of a convoluted start and I had to focus on the names to keep people straight. But by the time I was into it, I was hooked. I enjoyed the author's blend of post-modern culture, sci-fi, and fiction. The characters were mostly believable, the action interesting, and the plot twists unexpected - in all, a good read.

I'd recommend it for a summer pick-up, especially for those interested in the implications of technology, science, and medicine on humans. If you've studied ethics and philosophy, you'll definitely enjoy it.

Oh yeah, and did I mention romance? Pick up a copy and enjoy!
The Last Christian: A Novel by David Gregory (Paperback - May 4, 2010)
Buy new$14.99 $10.19

4.2 out of 5 stars   (58)
Excerpt - Front Matter: "... LAST CHRISTIAN ..."Surprise me! See a random page in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment