Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lent's a'coming

Ash Wednesday is this week. I won't wear the smudges of the cross on my forehead, but I'll be starting the annual Lenten journey of writing daily.

For me, writing clarifies what God is doing. Occasionally I'll go back through old blogs (not all of them!) and revisit the goodness of the Lord. It takes stamina to write every day. (I'm sick and tired of it by the time Easter rolls around.)

Writing is also an act of worship––it reminds me that God alone is worthy of adoration. He knows the way ahead. He is in control but I have great freedom to choose the path toward him. When I read the footprints, there's a lot of wandering rather than straight-ahead running.

Today after church, four generations of our family ate Sunday lunch together, from my parents (who drove down from Canada) to the newest member, granddaughter Kinsey. Seeing the generations bound together by faith as well as blood, we rejoice in God's goodness. There's a lot to write about. But today is a day of rest :-)

What made your heart sing today?

Read more:
*Come, my children, and listen to me, and I will teach you to fear the LORD. Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous? Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies! Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it." Psalm 34:11–14 NLT

*For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 NKJV

1 comment: