Friday, April 19, 2013

Scan the past

Today's big chore? Scanning as many binders and notes as possible, with the help of my d-i-love Rebekah. Hoping the work of two together accomplishes the work of three or more.

"Hopefully you're not like my friend, Mr. H," laughed my uncle during our phone call yesterday. "He takes out papers, lays them on the floor for sorting, tosses a few, and then puts the rest away. A few weeks later, he does it again. He's been doing that for years. It would drive me crazy!"

Oh, Uncle E, you'd be a madman in my office! Today is the day - maybe we can sort more than I imagine. Here's hoping. BTW: W found a great tool (right): the ScanSnap IX500 (Fujitsu) - it sorts single and duo-sided, sends it to my computer, and does OCR (turns it into searchable type.)

How do you tackle things that seem overwhelming to you?

Read more:
*Turn my eyes away from worthless things. Psalm 119:37 NIV

*Jesus said, “Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye?” Luke 6:41 NLT

Moravian Prayer: Lord, too often we prefer issues over people, things over relationships, saving money over saving lives. We fail to acknowledge one another’s humanity, yet we personify other material things. Forgive us and help us to identify the priceless image of you in each person. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment