Thursday, March 9, 2017

A whole bunch of no's

Although we've been and seen in the last weeks ... it seems like there's been a lot of "no, thank you!"s as well. This weekend, we're

selling the old car
Exchanging the current loaner car with a friend (Thanks, D&P)
Faculty for online course
Blogging days of Lent
Catching up on 3 beta-tested courses (2 exceptional seminars on business leadership; 1 art course for fun)
On an overnight trip to Canada to see partners and parents
Finishing weekend plans and speaking engagements
Taking an early flight to Missouri on Monday

Everything takes time. And God gives us just enough,

so that we have permission to say no to what we'd do -- if we had headspace and more time. I am grateful for limits.

Maybe I'd say yes to more art. But even with the incentive of a painting course assignments and my Lent Days project, I'm not "doing art." I have 2 Lent days and a few scribbles on the canvas. Creativity seems low when obligations are high and routines are non-existent.

I need a nap. No to more work. Hurrah!

Question for you: What's YOUR trigger? When do you say, "Enough already?!" when everything you're doing is wonderful or necessary?

Read more:
*For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.

This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 2 Timothy 6-10 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment