Monday, July 1, 2019

It's been 5 years already ... how is that possible?

Sunday, June 30, 2019
Waldemar speaks at BIC in the morning. We have an open house at the office after, inviting the community to drop by any time.


Lunch is with a friend. Another dear family invites us to share their table in the crowded restaurant. They leave first, and pick up our lunch as a pleasant surprise. Thanks!

Monday - FIVE YEARS IN INDONESIA and Happy Canada Day
I can't believe it when I wake. 5 years ago today, we arrived in Indonesia. We had no idea what to expect, but didn't think it would be this interesting or wonderful. We love the people, enjoy good food, and the weather's practically perfect (80s in the day, high 60s at night.)

I take time to thank God for his goodness. He's allowed us to meet so many interesting neighbors and new friends, hear amazing new music (like the angklung band below), and see beautiful art that showcases the skills and cultures of Indonesia.

After I put out a tray of cookies for the study, I'm off to the office. I missed our 7am meeting last week. It's good to be back. I'm always refreshed by conversation and prayer with this special friend.

I have a long to-do list for the day. I get through 3 of 6 most important must-dos. That's a good start, anyway. I can do the rest tomorrow (she says, optimistically.)

Meanwhile, the helper is working her monthly rotation at a preschool clinic. So Waldemar makes tea for the group on the porch and leads the study. I walk back home at 11, where the group surprises us with a dense chocolatey cake from Dago Bakery. They celebrate our anniversary with us. How lovely!
I work a few more hours at the office before we go to town. Today's the day we buy groceries for movie night. We hit two wholesalers for meat and vegetables and are home before 5.

In the evening, I finish writing the talk for next Sunday. We'll do our first read-through for the team tomorrow. It's been a busy weekend; W is asleep by 8 but it takes me longer.

Read more:
*Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24
*Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.
A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. 

And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” Isaiah 40:1-5 NIV
*Who is wise and understanding among you? Show by your good life that your works are done with gentleness born of wisdom. James 3:13
Moravian Prayer: Lord of all, we ask you to search us. Search our hearts and minds, and give us wisdom to follow the path you have set before us. We sing of your goodness and feel your love. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment