Thursday, April 23, 2020

Some questions for your day

The house is filled with perfume. I put the Vanda orchid in the doorway this morning - it gets the light, we get the fragrance.
 Vandas are pretty, but I got one because of the sweet scent that is between jasmine and gardenia.
Are you tired of staying in? Missing your friends and coworkers? This was the consensus of those I met with Thursday on Zoom: "I know my people are out there, but I don't know how to connect. We're all tired of online calls."

They shared a few questions they're asking. One or two might help you, going forward, too.
Work:

  • Do you still have to be productive? If so, what does that look like?
  • What can you just drop? Put on pause? 
  • What do you need to do this week?
Stress:
  • In what ways can you admit that you're tired, discouraged, or scared?
  • What has reduced your stress in the past? How can you use that now?
  • What are you grateful for? Gratitude balances a stressed heart.
Spiritual care:
  • Do you have a trusted person or group you can talk to, repent to, or ask for feedback?
  • What still really matters? What should you do now for the future outcome/s you want?
  • Are you drawing closer or withdrawing from God and spiritual mentors?
As I watch the fish swim round and round the planted cylinder on my desk, I marvel - God cares for his creatures and they don't worry. Can I trust him as much as they do?

No comments:

Post a Comment