Saturday, April 18, 2020

Peace like a river

Another surreal week spins by.  I feel God's peace swirling around and over us, like a river.

There's art: I'm working on a miniature library.

And scrubbing - I clean one of 12 stove burners to show the helper what SOS steel pads can do on brass.
I bake and cook: one lunch is chicken on  peanut butter bread with steamed bok choy, apples,,and sweet mustard. W's sandwich has mayo.
One day, I learn how to make sourdough pizza crust - and there's enough left over to freeze for another day. We find out that roti parata makes a fine dough as well.

I'm still prepping the toppings but hoping W will be doing it all soon. This time (3rd try) is a winner - individual pizzas with tomato sauce, cheese, green peppers, olives, mushrooms, and pepperoni. Just because I'm in the mood for salsa, I also make some with tomatoes, peppers, onion, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Tastes great on our pizzas.

We're intent on serving the community during the covid-19 crisis though. One of the giving projects through the Bandung International Church (BIC) is providing funds for hazmat suits. One of our members works with medical teams and knows how much they need help. If you want to contribute, please do! (Check out this page on how.)
The LR is in blue - at least the pillows have gone blue. It's still restful, but I move a lamp to the reading chair that's always been too dark for reading. When life is quiet, I move the house around.

The problem with an old house is that there may be only one or two electrical outlets in a room. We have 2 in the LR and nook (at either end of one wall). And 2 in the kitchen. Anything to plug in elsewhere needs a long extension cord. We used to see those cords, but now we're so used to them cluttering the floors and counters that they're almost invisible.
I do a few online seminars and catch up on a lot of blogs on leadership, art, and design. I remind myself how to properly set a table, among other reviews.
My favorite two courses are in process: Growing Gills by Jessica Abel #growinggills, a seminar about defining and finishing projects. The other is about managing transitions and crises: Michael Hyatt's Leading Through Crisis. #leadingthroughcrisis #michaelhyatt. Two completely different subjects, from business and artist points of views. Fascinating. And the information overlaps in my head. Synthesis. That's what I'm processing.

We walk every day, with masks on. The dogs are happy every time we leave the yard.
Work from home is especially lovely with the drapes open during a lightning storm. The dogs cower in a covered crate while we watch the flash and count off the bang of thunders.
One day, we order food from #ruthsribs - excellent meat and rice.
I'm not in the mood for rice so save mine for later. I want Spaetzle, German noodles. I find a recipe with turmeric. It's delicious with the ribs. As usual, I put a salad underneath and eat it together.
 Ruth sends roses with every order. These are still blooming beauties 5 days later.
Every day it seems like we have several Zoom meetings - friends, work, family meet online. Our 8-yr-old granddaughter draws a sweet heart for us on a family call. She already knows WhiteBoard techniques that we're still exploring.
We have chatted with hundreds of people on Zoom the past weeks. That's more socializing that I may be wired for. I love our peeps - family, friends, and those dear ones we serve.

But is anyone else happy to stay at home? And happy when night falls and we can go to sleep?

Read more:
*The Lord your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing. Deuteronomy 2:7

*As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. 2 Samuel 22:31-34 NIV

*Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. In that day you will say: “Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.” Isaiah 12:2-6 NIV
*As servants of God we have commended ourselves in every way: through great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing everything. 2 Corinthians 6:4, 10
Moravian Prayer: We are often tired and discouraged, Lord. Like the saints before us, may we be strengthened and supplied by the beloved community. In your name, we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment