Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Day 2, Lent 2024: What have I promised?

These daily posts are found at https://simplelife-rosemarie.blogspot.com/

----

Decades ago, I promised God I'd follow anywhere he led, just like Jesus did. Then I would wince at the thought that the life of Jesus led to the cross. And I'd hope that suffering would be distant and my life wouldn't be painful.

Yet pain comes. Suffering comes. Distractions arise. And in daily life, we get diverted from our promises.

This Lenten season, I'm asking God to remind me of my promises. 

I want to rest in the comfort Moses promised God's people if they would align themselves with God's nature and his plans: "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you;he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

Challenge: In what ways am I following through on what I have promised him? Do I trust him to fulfill his purposes for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment