Monday, January 16, 2012

Bumper car ride

I feel like a kiddie car with worn bumper pads. Bam, against this wall. Crash, by someone on the run. Smack, didn't see that coming.

I'm writing the final chapters of the dissertation, assembling findings and implications from my study. It should be straight-ahead. I know what I'd like to communicate. But when I read what I've written, it's gibberish.

I'm not close to finished. The hard work of editing lies ahead, and sometimes that takes longer than assembling information. How I wish this were done. Bump. Smash. Zoom, here we go again.

What's whirling you around and around this year?

Read more:
*Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come. Psalm 71:17-18 NIV

Psalm 10:1-11; Genesis 16,17; Matthew 6:5-18

May his glory fill the whole earth. Psalm 72:19

Christ says, "Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation." Mark 16:15


Moravian Prayer: Thank you, Holy Spirit, for instilling in us passion and joy for the tasks of going and proclaiming. You've sent us because you love us and we go because we love you. Guide us in this mission today. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment