Friday, January 6, 2012

Light shining on furniture and me

This time the upstairs is on the move. My mom is coming to take care of Kirsten next week while W travels. The bed in the guestroom was a fold-down futon/couch under a twin bunk. The mattress on the twin is fabulous, a like-new pillow-top we bought for Kirsten before she moved. Maybe one or two guests have slept on it since.

A friend offered the loan of a hospital bed with moving head and foot for Kirsten. We gratefully accepted. So the bed she's been using downstairs moves upstairs. My house to-do list this weekend:
  • Empty and sell 10 gal. aquarium (sitting mostly empty on the table where W moved it when he redid my office floors in October. Sigh.) 
  • Clean and clear guestroom. 
  • Put papers from desk into files (five stacks of tutorials and articles; thousands of pages... oh what a lively fire that will make some day)
  • Replace glass topper on desk (leaning against the hall wall since October. Sigh.)
  • Disassemble bunk and move downstairs (W's help; the bunk sold on CL so someone picks it up tomorrow.) 
  • Wash K's and guest bedding.
  • Vacuum K's and guest mattresses.
  • Move K's bed upstairs. Redo bedding.
  • Move the new bed in (W). Redo bedding.
  • ETC. (Our Sunday School class comes over Sunday for lunch. Yeah, I know. You don't have to tell me.)
It's orthodox Epiphany week. I'm encouraged by thinking of the Light of the World shining into our moves, our changes, our confusion, and bringing peace. Even in the mundane must-dos, we can meditate on God and all his wonderful works.

What's in process for you, for which you need God's light and life?

Read more:
*Epiphany of the Lord - Isaiah 60:1-6; Psalm 72:1-7,10-14; Ephesians 3:1-12; Matthew 2:1-12

*Watchword for the Epiphany - Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. Isaiah 60:1

* Psalm 5; Genesis 6:1-7:10; Matthew 3

*I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. Psalm 40:8

*Christ says, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." John 14:15

Moravian Prayer: You are the light of the world. You are the light of our souls. Create in us a desire to do your will. Enable us to love you through our obedience. Let your light shine through us. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. oh how wonderful its going to be for you all to have Grandma there! wish I was closer to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Grandma is #1 with all the grandkids. Love you and miss you. You're so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Maestro Desks

    ReplyDelete