Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Rainy beauty

I headed out to drizzle and came home in rain. 

Red on red

 As we walked, I stuffed my pockets with beauty.

Gingo

Sunday, I watched one-year-old Kinsey pick up fallen leaves
until her hands were full.

Dancing

On the road to adulthood, it seems we forget to look around

Mint

to treasure the simple pleasures of God's abundance.

Lace


Even the leaves were dancing this morning.

Moss tray
 

Now my office moss tray is bursting with color.

Granddaughter Kinsey stops picking things up when her hands are full.
Her Oma stops collecting when her coat pocket won't zip shut.

Sedum

**Oh God, thank you for beauty in the rain.**

Read more:
*O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare your praise. Psalm 51:15 (NASB) 

*My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn! I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples.

For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Psalm 57:7-11 NIV 


*Praise our God, all you his servants, and all who fear him, small and great. Revelation 19:5

Moravian Prayer: Holy One, we thank you for blessings each day and we lift our voices to sing your praises. May our praise be acceptable to you, O God! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment