- I love the smell of lavender crushed in my palm, plucked from a plant overhanging the sidewalk.
- There was no rain on our walk. No sun, but no rain either. Thank you, God!
- Our friend, in surgery today, will soon be breathing easier and walking better.
- The dogs trotted along nicely, dragging the leash. They're freshly groomed and their hair is soft.
- Those ghastly drifts of maple leaves making the roadsides a slippery mess will soon be raked away or dissolve into mulch.
- The apple plucked from the tree along our driveway was crisp and cold. Pure delicious-ness.
- Yesterday's wind played a rowdy tug-of-war with the trees but some leaves proved tenacious and are still waving their goodbyes.
- A smoky bitter lapsang suchong refreshes me with its darkness.
- They're done with presidential elections for 2 years.
*The bows of the mighty are broken, but the feeble gird on strength. 1 Samuel 2:4
*Paul wrote: I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Moravian Prayer: Almighty God, we are strong when our strength comes from you. Help us in moments of weakness to remember that we can call on you and all that works against you shall be broken while we will be made whole. Amen.