Thursday, September 5, 2013

That's just what happens

Expect the unexpected, like
Daniel Zeller's Terrarium Desk
I get a clear message: "These are what she's looking for." I'm surfing online for dining chairs. We sold ours and the kids need some.

"I was thinking of spending $20 for each," my daughter-in-love has said. "I don't think I can find anything great for that price, but that's what is in my head."

I recognize the specific direction she's feeling. God is often that direct about parameters so we recognize his provision. It's part of the resource stream we've experienced over and over in this spiritual gift called "giving."

At the time, T and M are in the full-blown moving-in process. Exhausted. Heads full of details. Not in the mood to shop. Too tired to look.

I'm watching them scurry in and out with stuff. I'm grazing CL and staying out of the way. When I see the chairs, I send the link to Melissa. She may have time to look at it later.

Yes, indeed. Today she picks up the 6 beautiful chairs ... @$20 each, of course.

It's fun to exercise a gift, but it's sheer pleasure to benefit others with it.

What ways are you designed to bless others? Are you functioning in the gifting that God has placed within you?

Got a story? We'd love to read about how God combined the natural flow of your personality, gifting, and circumstances to pour out his blessings.

Read more:
*You, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you. Psalm 86:5 NLT

*May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ. 2 Thessalonians 3:5 NLT

Moravian Prayer: Lord Jesus, we are thankful that we remain steadfast in your love. Help us to spread your love to others daily knowing that the world sees you through us. Lord, make us yours forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment