Sunday, May 10, 2009

Balancing Life

I’ve been home a week. A week filled with meetings, catching up on office routines, breakfast for 180 graduates, Commencement for 330 students, playing piano and speaking this morning in church. I didn’t have to do it all. I showed up for parts of the week and worked with others on the rest.

Meanwhile future projects and events are in the works. A wedding this week, for one: our son marries his sweetheart Friday. Our daughter has knee surgery in two weeks. Comps, reunions, and other alumni get-togethers are coming in summer.

The relentless progression of days brings one opportunity after another. I admire Christ for his balanced life. Within three years of ministry, a restricted field of influence, and a criminal punishment, Jesus accomplished everything he was sent to do. Here are a few of the world's take on time management:
There are many books and blogs with stress management tips, relaxation tips, and ideas on balancing life and work. Reading them can keep us very busy, using up time that might be better used in meditation, prayer, or memorizing scripture… the way Jesus balanced his own life.

Read more:
*Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:22-26 NIV

*My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me.' And my heart responds, 'LORD, I am coming.' Psalm 27:8 NLT

*The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11 NIV

*He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:8–9 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment