Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lent Day 12: Every day is enough

What's ahead today? I kept a picture in my former office with a reminder: "Everything settled into place once she realized there was time enough for all the important things."

We can plan out our days - and God knows what is coming our way.

I have a long checklist for today, including:
- Morning consultation with a mentor, 9.30-1
- Write an abridged version of a paper for Friday's presentation at a conference
- Write a birthday card and note to my brother
- Finish the two other cards I started this week for mailing tomorrow
- Clean the beta fish tanks in my office
- Prune and spray the trees along the driveway (all 12 of them)
-
-
Ok, there's a longer list of "to-do"s that won't get done today, just like the trees. With our warm weather, it's not a good thing to make the pruning wait another week. Oh well.

I'm so thankful that I'm not omniscient - that I don't know what is coming. Every day is a gift from God, and every day our only responsibility is to listen for God's voice, and to work at what we hear to the best of our ability. What's on your plate today?

Read more:
*"Keep this in mind: The Teacher was considered wise, and he taught the people everything he knew. He listened carefully to many proverbs, studying and classifying them. The Teacher sought to find just the right words to express truths clearly. The words of the wise are like cattle prods—painful but helpful. Their collected sayings are like a nail-studded stick with which a shepherd drives the sheep.

But, my child, let me give you some further advice: Be careful, for writing books is endless, and much study wears you out. That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone's duty." Ecclesiastes 12:9–13 NEV

*Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12 NEV

No comments:

Post a Comment