Friday, March 12, 2010

Lent Day 21: Declogging

There's no such word as declogging, I don't think. But taking an hour to delete 400 emails in my main account should give me permission create a word.

I wonder how many times God "declogs" us. We accumulate sin, soul clutter, and messages from here and there that we haven't processed. We wonder why our hearts are disturbed and not in the perfect rest God promised.

Maybe it's time for some quiet meditation, some thoughtful reading, or processing the junk sticking to our souls. Maybe we need a bit of solitude, time away from the noise of life under which we bury our spirits.

You game for a declogging pause today? Begin restoration with 15 minutes of heart-searching, dropped into your lunch hour. Spend time in a quiet park or settled in a comfy chair in a corner of the house.

Read more:
*May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise; then I will answer the one who taunts me, for I trust in your word. Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. I will always obey your law, for ever and ever.

I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. Psalm 119:41-45 NIV

*Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us. A wise person thinks a lot about death, while a fool thinks only about having a good time. Ecclesiastes 7:3–4 NLT

*Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city. Prov. 16:32 NLT

*Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. 2 Cor. 7:1 NLT

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, my friend! I often need de-clogging! And I like that word a lot! :) Thanks for the wisdom...I always learn so much from you!
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete