Monday, March 15, 2010

Lent Day 23: Finally done

The weight of six months has rolled off my shoulders. I've just sent the assignment that had my brain in knots off to my prof.

The problem was not that there was too little info. The topic was the integration of spiritual disciplines into church history. Way too much is written on both topics. I have three pages of "Sources Consulted" - and we can only document books we actually use. The final paper was nearly 60 pages long, with appendixes. Ugh. Too long.

The hardest part for me is sorting, paring down, and trying to make sense through the thicket of what is important and what can be dismissed. Once again, the work of months has wrapped up. Hopefully it is satisfactory to my prof.

Next up is the big deal, my dissertation. A few years of work lie ahead, and then I'll breath another sign of relief and a, "Finally done!"

Read more:
*"The words of the wise are like cattle prods—painful but helpful. Their collected sayings are like a nail-studded stick with which a shepherd drives the sheep." Ecclesiastes 12:11 NLT [OK, I admit, this verse made me laugh and wince.]

*May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you. Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God, will bless us. God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him. Psalm 67:5-7 NIV

*So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. 2 Corinthians 4:18 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment