Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Green. Tastes great.

 
My lunch plate is overflowing with 49 calories plus 276. I washed a bunch of leaves - 2 romaine, 1 red Swiss chard, 1 or curly green chard, coupla parsley stems. Chopped them together on the board. Tossed them into a big bowl. About 49 calories. The bowl is full. I'm craving an avocado so I walk over to the conservatory where veges and fruit, warmed by the sun, nestle in their glass bins. 

We scored a 4-tier, Crate & Barrel ornament holder after Christmas, and repurposed it for food storage (photo, far right). Last weekend, I planted the top tier with mesculin (salad). It's already sprouting. It's getting too hot for lettuce and quick-ripening veges in the conservatory, once it's sunny out. I moved most of the greens to the fridge after stripping and cleaning it yesterday (one of my most-hated household chores).


There's no dressing on the chopped greens. But slicing the avocado, warm, soft, ripe - deeelicious - adds 276 calories, according to the internet. Well worth it. I barely finish half in one go Green. Tastes great @ 1/2 of 325 calories. Wow. If you're sick and tired of your yo-yo Atkins or Weight Watchers, read more about this kind of eating. Bet you can't eat the whole thing, meal after meal! 

Read more:
*“Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 9:23-24 NIV 

*Jesus: "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows." Matthew 10:28-31 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment