Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hello hello! beautiful rest

Do you remember the transitions after reaching your goals? I'm in one of those heavenly lulls after a steep climb.

"So what are you doing now?" people ask me.

It feels like I'm doing nothing. The pressure is off, though I'm writing, mentoring, and planning events (a reception, 2 summer reunions, and a couple of occasions between).

The list of to-dos is long and getting longer. But the deadlines are weeks apart and I get to decide how those goals are reached. YAY.

I love seasons of productive rest. I've checked everything off the must-dos today and it's 6pm. Supper dishes are done.

PJs and feather duvet it is! I'm off to watch a few episodes of a Korean drama with a cup of peppermint tea and leftover tinned chocolate Christmas cookies. Those of you with kids will never know how sweet this time of life is until you get here :-)

... Just sayin' ... "You were right, Mom. This really is the best time of all."

Read more:
*God saw my affliction and the labor of my hands. Genesis 31:42

*
Indeed, you are my lamp, O Lord, the Lord lightens my darkness. 2 Samuel 22:29

*Christ says, "I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness." John 12:46

*Paul wrote, Be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58

Moravian Prayer: Christ Jesus, let your light continue to be a beacon to us as we move from darkness to the hope and joy and peace of your light. Illuminate our way with your grace. 

Steadfast Lord, show us of small vision that our work for you is never in vain. Show us you are our rock and we know we can trust in you forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment