- When the baby's sick and you don't know what's wrong.
- When your teenager is out late without letting you know where s/he's gone.
- When those newlyweds seem to be clawing more than cooing and their marriage looks shaky.
- When the bills pile up and there seem to be too few resources.
- When the boss hands you a pink slip.
- When you (or your parents) feel the effects of age and infirmity.
- When all your plans fall apart and there's no Plan B for the future.
He knows it all. Controls it all. Is able to direct everything - beauty and chaos - without planets colliding or whirling off course into black holes of nothingness.
We are securely guided and guarded as long as we do His will. When we get off track, we may feel the consequences. Yet, returning to God with our whole hearts, we're promised His resources to direct our paths and give us wisdom.
- Do you need the unfailing love and everlasting arms of God, your heavenly Father? He is strong enough to hold you. Kind enough to comfort you.
- Do you desperately need clarity for a murky situation? God sees a way through the darkness. Nothing is hidden from him.
- Do you need salvation from your brokenness? God provided One who became the sacrifice for our sins, the One who walked steadily toward the cross we will celebrate at Easter.
- Do you need power beyond your wildest imagination to solve a crisis? God created the world from nothing. He parted the Red Sea to provide escape for an entire nation. He broke a few loaves and divided a few fish to feed 5000 people. He promised us the resurrection power that brought Christ back to life.
With joy we celebrate the Lenten season and remember that God-Who-is-with-us is almightly.
*The Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness. Psalm 11:7 (NASB)
*I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. Psalm 119:45 NLT
*God himself is righteous and he justifies the one who has faith in Jesus. Romans 3:26 NLT
*And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 NKJV
Moravian Prayer: Help us to be so infused with your spirit, living Christ, that we will not just proclaim empty words but live as your followers. Challenge us by your example to act in ways that are kind, holy, loving, and just. Amen.