Monday, June 30, 2014

Maundering Monday

Today, it feels like we wander from one end of life to the other. We finalize changes to our will and confirm witnesses, before my early-morning final doctor's checkup. (All is well.)

A lovely goodbye present, airplane socks
and a fragrant scarf to wrap around my neck
arrives from Lia, whose husband drops off
the beautifully wrapped presents. Mmmm, I breathe in deeply.
We pop over say goodbye to a WPPR accountability friend; pick up earrings at Carillon Point, left in the bike panniers we sold; and drop off some letters written by mentors.

Surprise, it's not the Riviera, but Kirkland's Carillon Point.
We get phone calls, texts, and emails all day, in a lovely chorus of farewells. Less fun than that, we clear the fridge (thanks for taking food home, Jono!) and bleach clean the shower. The washer and dryer whirl all day - bedding, rugs, clothing crisped and cleaned for the next occupants.

We even found some sparkly sneakers for our
Indonesia grandbaby, coming to live here soon.
W does an evening garbage run, meets a friend, and brings home fast food for supper. There's no time for that "fabulous-last-dinner in-Seattle" we planned. Not to worry, Indonesian food is wonderful!
---
Just a few of the things we'll miss after today:

Park-time with grandkids ...
and helping feed popcorn to their mice.
Hosting family celebrations
and tea parties in our flat.
Joining dear friends ...
on boat trips and other outings.
And cozy weekends with my accountability group.
... etc. etc.  (Tip of the iceberg.) 

Looking at old photos, I cheerfully admit: "Life with Jesus has been good, though it's always changing." Throughout, God has remained eternally faithful and loving. 

And you, God's people, have encouraged us, surrounded us, and prayed for us. Now you're sending us off. "Hurrah and hallelujah." We are so grateful for your partnership and friendship.

Our assurance and prayer on this very last day at home, 
before we lay our heads on these pillows for the last time: 

'The LORD will fulfill his purpose for [us ... and for you]; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.' (Psalm 138:8) Amen.

Read more:
*Light arises in the darkness for the upright; He is gracious and compassionate and righteous. Psalm 112:4 NASB

*"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed--I, and not some foreign god among you. 

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?" Isaiah 43:10-13 ESV

*And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one. Zachariah 14:9 ESV

*During the night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought the apostles out. Acts 5:19 ESV

Moravian Prayer: You, Lord, who have turned darkness into light: may we no longer live in darkness. Let us go and seek your light so we may let others know of your love for us all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment