7 meetings today - each one special; the first 3 at 3rd Place Commons:
1. Family: Mel and Martha meet with W and me = God's good idea of best friends becoming family. (Thanks, kids - Jeremy and Rebekah!)
2. Family: Melissa, Kinsey, and Levi - a precious time to see their faces over breakfast. W heads back to work in the flat.
3. Friend: Sue drops in to support and say goodbye. A dear ministry coworker and colleague, Sue sends great news in the afternoon. She's cancer-free after 3 years. Hallelujah!
4. Friend: Kim and I drive to Savrika Tea in Kirkland. Their special-order Royal Tea - little sandwiches, scones with preserves and homemade Devonshire cream, AND pastries - oh yum yum - are worth every caloric morsel. What a way to celebrate a long and rich friendship, don't you think, Kim?
5. Friends: Kim joins me for tea with Julia and Marj, writing companions of the heart. Both Julia and Marj have mentored and encouraged me over the years. As a bonus, our kids loved Julia's classes at NU (because of Julia and her teaching style). How could I forget to take a picture?
6. Indulgence: using up my final monthly treatment with Josh at Elements Massage. After Josh "fixed" a non-working elbow in one visit, after 5 months of attempts by other therapists, I was sure that he knew what he was doing. I highly recommend him. You'll have to book a few weeks in advance. Other therapists at Elements may have cancellations so you can sneak in early; Josh rarely does ... for a reason.
7. Family: Shamiana takeaway supper, a treat by/with Timo and Melissa, who leave for MT tomorrow. We're saying goodbye to our grandkids then. How blessed we are to have lived in the same house this year.
How many ways can one say, "Jesus, we're SO thankful?"
*Great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord! Psalm 117:2 ESV
*Just as the gospel is bearing fruit and growing in the whole world, so it has been bearing fruit among yourselves from the day you heard it and truly comprehended the grace of God. Colossians 1:6 ESV
Moravian Prayer: Lord, we wish to spread the seeds of the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control through your spirit. Be with us as we bring the gospel to all we meet this day and every day. Amen.