Sunday, March 1, 2020

Flowers everywhere

When you blog, anyone can read your posts. That's good and not good. It depends on the reader. It's fun to read old posts and remember how God has led us so far. When we lived in England, I sent a weekly email to our friends - 7 days of ... Europe. Blogging is so much easier!

We all appreciate feedback, but hate mail is never fun. Thanks to those of you who send kind and thoughtful responses. They're almost as sweet as the flowers W brought home last week.
This post is about things I like. Our nook is back to black and cream. We cram in with almost a dozen friends for a study on a blustery rainy day.

How we'd love to have you sit at the table with us so we could hear your stories, too! What are the best things that have happened to you the past month or so?
Meanwhile, the living room has shed its black and white for blue accents. I do love slipcovers. I'm biding my time to change the black sofa to a sunnier color. It's still rainy season. I have to wait for another surge of energy, I guess.
We loved to travel, meet new people, and see distant places. W is even more adventurous than I, so he plans most of our excursions.
I don't know how well you can see it, but there's a bomber plane and parachutes hanging from this neighborhood entrance.

"So Creative!" says the driver. He figures it was put up in August to celebrate National Day. Still looks cool.

The country is packed with flowers - I spotted this one tucked behind huge leaves near the house.
These, cut from our garden, made me happy every time I came in the door.
On one of our trips, I found some beautiful wood spoons. Will bring some back for friends the next time we're in Canada and the USA.
I did a bit more painting - here's one in progress, with some threads unravelled from a backpack strap providing a cloud overhead. More work to do on this one.
I painted two 5-gallon glass bowls to use as flower vases. No expensive porcelain or custom vases needed. With my fingers, I dragged acrylic color on the inside of the glass. As it wears, I'll smear something new inside. On one, I used yellow, blue, and red. On the other, I just used gold and sprayed black lacquer over the gold lines.
(Left is before; right is after.)

A friend (thanks Ibu Fenny) provides weekly flowers for the Bandung International Church. The bouquets are often spectacular, as you can see! When we visit people, we take the blooms along - or deconstruct larger arrangements - as a BIC hello.
The red roses of one bouquet wilted quickly. I put the petals into a dish on the coffee table. I'm enjoying them as they fade and dry. They'll be perfect for potpourri later.
We ate out a few times with our daughter. This little not-quite-oval plate of brownies was a feast for the eyes as well as a base for the delicious snack. (We split one. I'm trying to be good.)
 The red of this cafĂ© window caught my eye, too. It nearly matches the swing in our backyard.
For those who care to look, life is beautiful.

Read more:
*Can you fathom the mysteries of God? Can you probe the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens above—what can you do? They are deeper than the depths below—what can you know? Their measure is longer than the earth and wider than the sea. Job 11:7-9 NIV

*In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.

Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel. For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you.

I have become a sign to many; you are my strong refuge. My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long. Psalm 71:1-8 NIV

*I will save you that you may become a blessing. Zechariah 8:13 NASB
*I am grateful to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because he judged me faithful and appointed me to his service, even though I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a man of violence. But I received mercy. 1 Timothy 1:12-13
Moravian Prayer: Forgiving God, thank you for the blessings you have bestowed upon us. Your mercy and forgiveness saved us, and we are eternally grateful. May our service to you be worthy of your love. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment