Each year, the Society for Pentecostal Studies gathers scholars to read papers, sit on panel discussions, and meet in informal settings. This year we're in Eugene, OR. Not exactly the center of the universe, unless you like hippie-style ecology and university towns. I don't mind it.
All this work--the study, the presentations, the talk and listening--is because of a simple person who lived 2000 years ago. Through the ages, men and women have looked for someone to reconcile us to God. We make many efforts and develop religions.
Yet, he has already come.What an influence Jesus had on civilization and spirituality. And on each of us, whether we accept him and live in his love... or if we reject him and will have to bow to worship when he meets us on the Day of Judgment.
I'm copying a description below for a new book: I'll send a copy free to the best description of why you believe Jesus is the greatest man who ever lived.
The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
by Steven K. Scott
In The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived, Steven K. Scott reveals the hidden treasures to be found in Christ’s life as a human. When you learn from Jesus’ life on earth, your own life will be propelled to a whole new level of achievement, happiness, and success.
As you look at Jesus’ life, you will learn how to:
• Find new meanings that will raise your life to new heights.
• Develop missions that will produce greater creativity and productivity.
• Communicate messages that will move the minds and hearts of your listeners.
• Act in a manner that attracts others, increases your value, and heightens your self-esteem.
• Adopt a method that accelerates extraordinary success.
• Discover your incredible worth.
• Give and receive a type of love that is truer than any you have experienced before.
Let the greatest Man who ever lived turn your purpose-driven life into a purpose-accomplished life! Scott guides readers in a step-by-step application of the life-changing principles, skills, and methods that Jesus used throughout his earthly life. Although believers may spend a lifetime learning from Jesus’ teachings, it’s easy to overlook the powerful lessons demonstrated in His life. But when these incomparable lessons are learned and put to use, they enable ordinary people to achieve extraordinary success and happiness.
From Jesus’ earthly life readers will learn:
• How to break through the barriers that prevent them from achieving extraordinary success at work and relational success at home.
• How to experience a level of happiness and fulfillment that nothing the world offers can duplicate.
• How to use adversity and opposition as a springboard for greater success.
• How to love others in a way that increases their love as well.
No matter what a person’s area of expertise and in what setting a person influences others, living by the principles of Jesus’ life on earth produces extraordinary success, unprecedented achievements, personal fulfillment, and blessings for others.
Steven K. Scott is the best-selling author of The Richest Man Who Ever Lived, The Greatest Words Ever Spoken, and Mentored by a Millionaire. After failing in nine jobs, he started reading a chapter of Proverbs every day—and the wisdom of Scripture changed his life. Scott and his business partners have built more than a dozen multimillion-dollar companies from scratch, achieving billions of dollars in sales. He is the co-founder of Max International, Total Gym Fitness, and The American Telecast Corporation. He is a popular international speaker on the subjects of personal and professional achievement and the application of biblical wisdom to every area of life.