Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lent 6: Resting

I rode to work yesterday as sunshine warmed the air. I got home earlier than usual for a few extra hours of focus – updating and passing along data. Phone calls. The monthly versions of e-news were vying with school papers. But my heart was resting.

Each weekend, I read aloud a paper I’m presenting at the end of the month. Saturday, as I was reading, I realized that it could become one of my papers in my graduate program. Sure, it needs revision to emphasize the topic of the class. The format needs changing to my school’s guidelines. But I don’t have to start from scratch. The hundreds of hours of research invested can be used twice. Whew.

We have to trust that God can bring together time and obligations. We are at rest during this Lenten season when we are reminded that he holds past, present, and future. Because he loves us, we can relax in his care.
--
God's peace to you today!

*"For you have given him his heart's desire; you have withheld nothing he requested. Interlude You welcomed him back with success and prosperity. You placed a crown of finest gold on his head. …For the king trusts in the LORD. The unfailing love of the Most High will keep him from stumbling." Psalm 21:2–3,7 NLT

*My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1,2 NIV

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-20 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment