Thursday, December 5, 2013

31 Days in December #5: A bird in the bush

This painting hangs in my kitchen, a reminder that six hands can be better than two.

A Bird in the Bush, RDK 2012
This painting is a compilation of three artists: Marianne Maksirisombat traded me use of our van for the base of the painting, an abstract in brown, grey, and cream. A Chinese printmaker, taking a class with April Richardson, befriended me and sent me the bird, painted on parchment. I blended them with acrylic paints, adding peacock feathers and berries.

Whom can you boost, using the gifts and skills God has given you?

Whose help do you need to make your own projects sing?

Read more:
*How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Psalm 84:1-2 NIV

*Some give freely, yet grow all the richer; others withhold what is due, and only suffer want. Proverbs11:24 ESV

*Take care! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for one's life does not consist in the abundance of possessions. Luke 12:15 ESV

Moravian Prayer: Jesus, you chose a life of poverty and obscurity. Grant us the strength to keep your example always in our hearts and minds, so we may despise the greed of this world and concentrate more on living our lives as you would have us do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment