|Lemons and autumn leaves on the dining table|
I sometimes choose lemons instead of flowers at the grocer. Why? They may be inexpensive and common, but they:
- arrange into a simple, pretty yellow centerpiece
- provide variety = not your expected bouquet
- add fragrance to a room
- add zing to savory or sweet dishes, whether in juice or with zest
- are an alternate to milk in black tea
- add a tang to soft drinks like Coke or Root Beer
- help preserve food (for instance, when mixed into avocados or bananas)
- bleach out stains on white linens
Have you found an unexpected use for lemons?
What can you do with the "lemons" in your life? Or are YOU the lemon that makes other mouths pucker and tastebuds take notice?
*Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me. Psalm 66:20 ESV
*Jesus said to the Samaritan woman, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water." John
*Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NLT
Moravian Prayer: Fount of every blessing, may we allow your abundant grace to fill us to overflowing. May we experience the joy of refreshing those that we serve with that grace. Amen.