Saturday, October 22, 2011

31 days of learning: #22

My advisor appointment was at 3:00, so I cleaned the cabin and regretfully drove the hour back to town. The sun was out, the sky was blue, the trees were starting to blush red. I was sad to leave; it was a perfect day to study, walk, and think at the lake. But I'd taken the only chance to meet with an advisor.

At 3:00 I showed up at the prof's door. Her face was swollen and eyes red. "Do you mind if we meet another time?" she croaked. I edged out of her office. Poor thing, she looked really sick.

I grumbled inside, walking back to the library. I'd skipped lunch to be ready. A let down. But I felt so sorry for the gal... She probably was too sick to think of canceling.

The rest of the day flew by. Back online after almost a week away, I made good progress on footnotes and editing. God knew just how to arrange the day. I am grateful for what I accomplished, even with a few hours of travel and moving back to town.

Lesson: go with the flow. I want to be grateful for the blessing of the week, and use the rest of my time here wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment